Thursday, June 24, 2010

The tale of the lost city of Philantis

It was a mother fucker of a day. It must have been 100 degrees with 6 trillion percent humidity, basically the worst. I felt like I was being cooked in an oven in a volcano in hell. I'm sluggishly wading through the air when I see it. The sky was angry, an ominous cloud structure was moving over the city like a new super villain had just moved in. The black mass blotted out the sun, thank god, and a wind started to kick up. I take a seat outside my building while I wait for Andrew and the wind starts picking up. Soon there is a very pleasant, very strong wind whipping all about. Then, finally, I feel a single rain drop. I prepare myself for more rain but I never could have expected what was to come. Within seconds it was raining and seconds later there was a full on maelstrom. I couldn't see ten feet in front of my face the rain was so thick and hard. I ran out into the storm getting buffeted by water from every angle. In no time at all I am soaked to the bone, there's not a single dry spot on my body. I search for Andrew but keep being fought by the wind and the rain. Finally my fear gets the better of me and I take refuge inside, hell this could be a hurricane for all I know.

2 comments:

  1. Damn it! I would have fought this weather so valiantly. I got back and everything was Superchill. The sidewalks weren't even wet anymore. Lamesville.

    ReplyDelete