Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm Interested In Things

Hey, guys. So, yesterday after a hard day of work and science I was trying to get my groove on. I was trying to have a mini-adventure and make a few discoveries. Luckily, I walk into my apartment to find Andrew juggling our cats (we only have two: Simon and Garfunkel. So, it's not as impressive as it sounds.) Upon seeing me, he hurls the cats across the room and asks me if I've seen the latest A Softer World. I tell him that's one of the like four webcomics I don't read. But if he wants to chat about Marten and Dora or by how far the latest xkcd was over my head, I'm all over it.

We do an elaborate, secret handshake and retreat to our room. Andrew extracts one of the many Macbooks that we keep stashed in the various cubbyholes throughout our apartment. I remark that it was a good call to install the cubbyholes. We do another secret handshake in celebration. Finally, he shows me this. I'm like "WHOA! I already made that joke!"

Great minds think alike, A Softer World. I'm in your head.

Then Neil calls and we decide to go to the Buffalo Exchange, because I have some played-out, old buffaloes that I'm trying to trade in need to get some new shorts. So we go to get Neil, we run into an alien (that part is true, I swear to God. There was a girl done up to look like an alien outside North.) Me and Andrew smile politely and pretend not to notice that she is, indeed, an alien. She makes a facial contortion we can only assume to be the alien equivalent of a smile. We tell Neil about the alien. He claims that there was a special effects/makeup class going on in the basement. Mystery solved.

The hipster thrift store delivers; we all find something fantastic. I think Neil bought a shirt that had diagonal, rainbow lightning on it. I was pretty happy about that. Then, on the way back we walked past the Marathon Grill on Market. We noticed that there was a DJ at the outside bar area. We debated asking whether or not he had Keep It Goin' Louder, but ultimately decided that MarBar was too chill a scene for such great music.

Somewhere along the way I apologize for not learning any bass yet. I promise that I will teach myself The Pink Panther (a la Mr. Bungle) and Ghost Song, then slowly master the bass from there. Neil then demands that I learn the bass solo from They Might Be Giants' Dr. Worm as well. I say I don't know what in the blue blazes he's talking about. I claim that his mouth is full of white-hot lies and that that song does not exist. Neil rebukes me.

Long story short (too late?), we got back, Neil showed us Dr. Worm (it is such an awesome song), I stole some more music, remembered how awesome Hamtaro was, made Andrew and Neil watch half an episode of that, then watched The Pagemaster. Thursday was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment