Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hey, Man.

Hi. I'm Dan. Welcome to our blog. I'm glad you decided to check it out. You're actually very lucky. The internet is a terrifying, horrible place--like New Jersey. Out of the millions (if not billions) of creepy, pointless, brain-dead, time-wasting, soul-stealing sites out there you had the good fortune to find mine. Actually ours. My friends Neil and Andrew will be writing for The Electric Water Slide as well. But for now, it's just me.

I have recently realized that the world is a ridiculous place. Even in the past few months I have witnessed at least seven things that have *blown my mind* and left me speechless, looking around for another human to verify the reality that I find so hilarious...or ironic...or just straight weird. Ok, actually, I'm hardly ever speechless. I speak in run-on sentences and tell 40 minute-long stories. I tend to ask questions and pick things apart. I like to know what makes things tick. For me, it's fun to try to figure out how people think and where stories connect and why we lie and what's the truth. I mean, I'm not going to be revealing huge mysteries or anything. I just like to pay attention to what's actually important. That's what I want to tell you about.

So yea, I'm probably going to be writing mainly about what's going on in my head, music, movies, and things that happen to me in the city of Philadelphia, where I live. (p.s. sorry about that New Jersey crack earlier. You guys are ok in my book.) So, I hope you enjoy what we write and find it interesting. Thanks again for checking it out; we'll probably have new posts daily (skipping a day every now and then just to be badasses.) Adios, Gyarados.

No comments:

Post a Comment